Annually, the Appleton education department is pleased to present five exhibitions of student artwork that focus on work created by K-12 students in the community, as well as work created by children and adults in the Appleton art classes and workshops.
Read below for information on upcoming student art exhibitions.
2019 Youth Art Exhibition Schedule
January 8-27, 2019
Elements of Art
Celebrating the work of Marion County independent, private and home-schooled K-12 artists.
If your child belongs to an independent, private or home-school group based in Marion County and has not participated before but would like to, contact Hollis Mutch, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 352-291-4455, ext. 1613.
January 15-February 24, 2019
Kids Tag Art
Featuring license tag art from Marion County fifth-grade students. This annual exhibition is sponsored by Marion County Tax Collector.
This program inspires fifth grade art students to design their own specialty plate while learning about the practical application of license plate art and how Florida’s 100+ specialty license plates support worthy causes. Each school earns a share of over $16,000 provided by generous sponsors and 100 percent of the sale proceeds. Click here to learn more.
February 12-March 4, 2019
Hand ’N’ Hand
Featuring artwork from Marion County K-12 Very Special Art (VSA) students.
VSA Florida provides support and champions art education and cultural experiences for and by people with disabilities. Their vision is to create a world in which the arts are universally accessible. Click here to learn more about VSA Florida.
March 25-April 28, 2019
Young in Art
Showcasing K-12 artists in Marion County Public Schools.
May 13-June 2, 2019
Appleton Studio Art Showcase
We are excited to announce the second annual Appleton Studio Art Showcase, highlighting artwork created by adults and children from June 2018–May 2019 in the Appleton art classes, camps and workshops. If you have — or will have — artwork created at the Appleton during this timeframe, you are eligible to submit your work. All ages are invited to participate! Here's how:
- Select 1–5 pieces of artwork created from June 2018-May 2019 in an Appleton art class, camp or workshop.
- Mat or mount all 2D artwork (matting can be construction paper, but not plain paper but NO FRAMES).
- Label each artwork ON THE FRONT with the artist’s name, age (if under 18), medium used, class/workshop name and teacher’s name.
- Provide a master list of all the artwork you are submitting.
- Drop off your artwork by April 30, 2019. The labeled artwork and master list can be delivered to the Security Entrance at the rear of the museum.