The Appleton offers several options for those visiting as a group. We suggest all groups book in advance to receive special group rates and bypass admission lines.
At this time, field trips and group visits are being scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Email AppletonMuseum@cf.edu to inquire about field trips.
Self-Guided Group Tours
Your group can independently browse the permanent collection and special exhibitions at their own pace. Let our mobile app enhance your experience. It is not required to book a self-guided tour in advance, but its strongly recommended.
Docent-Led Group Tours
Learn from a trained docent or staff member with a guided group tour. Tours last approximately one hour and can cover the permanent collection or special exhibitions.
For additional information on group visits, contact AppletonMuseum@cf.edu.
Group Admission Rates
The rates below apply to groups of 15 or more. Regular admission fees apply for groups of fewer than 15.
- Appleton Members: Free
- Adults: $8
- Seniors (Age 55+ Yrs): $6
- Educators with ID: $5
- University Students with ID: $5
- Youth (K-12): $3
- Youth (Pre-K): Free
- Group Bus Driver: Free
Payment for your group can be made in person the day of your scheduled tour.
Visitor Policies for All Group Visits
When planning your group tour, please keep in mind:
- Tour reservations should be made at least one month in advance.
- Wheelchair accessible entrances and elevators are available.
- Groups of 15 or more receive a 10% discount in the Appleton Store.
- Arriving more than 15 minutes late without notification may reduce the length of your tour.
- If your group has special needs or requests, notify the tour coordinator ahead of time.
- Special exhibition prices vary and rates are subject to change.
- Cameras and video recorders are not permitted in special exhibitions. Non-flash photography is permitted in the permanent collection galleries, outdoor spaces and public areas. Please confirm with the tour coordinator whether or not photography of the special exhibitions on view is permitted at the time of your tour. Commercial photography and videography must be pre-arranged through AppletonMuseum@cf.edu.
- Packages, large purses, backpacks and umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries. Please make arrangements to leave them in a secure location before entering the museum.
To notify of any scheduling changes or delays, contact Visitor Services at 352-291-4455.
When planning your group tour for youth, please keep in mind:
- Grades K-3 requires one adult chaperone for every five students; group size max. 30 students. Grades 4-12 require one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
- Chaperones must be adults (18+) and remain with students at all times.
- Name badges are required for all youth 14 and under.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. Schools may make arrangements in advance for indoor or outdoor spaces for bagged lunches.
- Pencils are the only writing implement permitted in the galleries.
The Appleton offers reimbursement to Marion County schools for field-trip transportation costs. To visit the Appleton and receive reimbursement for your travel costs, contact Hollis Mutch, 352-291-4455, ext. 1613, or firstname.lastname@example.org.