The Appleton Museum of Art is located in the North Central Florida city of Ocala, seven miles east of I-75 on SR 40 (Exit 352) and 62 miles west of I-95 on SR 40 (Exit 268).
The Appleton Museum of Art is committed to making its collections, building, programs and services accessible to all our visitors. For general access information, contact 352-291-4455 or AppletonMuseum@cf.edu.
- Parking spaces are available for vehicles with valid DMV handicapped parking stickers or license plates on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The museum is wheelchair- and scooter-friendly. Wheelchairs are complimentary and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ask Visitor Services for assistance.
- An elevator to the second-floor galleries is located to the right of the lobby.
- Copies of wall didactics and labels with enlarged print are available in each permanent collection gallery.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. These service animals are permitted in the museum.
For assistance with any accessibility questions or needs, please speak with Visitor Services upon arrival, or contact 352-291-4455 in advance of your visit.
Cameras and Photography
Non-flash photography is permitted in all permanent collection galleries, outdoor spaces and public areas. Please check with Visitor Services on the photography policy for special exhibitions. Commercial photography and videography must be pre-arranged through AppletonMuseum@cf.edu.
Continuous Notice of Nondiscrimination
The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability status in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of gender and violates this policy statement, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Dr. Mary Ann Begley, Equity Officer, Ocala Campus, Building 3, Room 117H, 3001 S.W. College Road, 352-291-4410, or Equity@cf.edu.
Food, Drink and Tobacco
The Appleton does not have a restaurant, and food and drink are permitted only in designated areas. In compliance with the College of Central Florida’s Tobacco Free Campus policy, tobacco products are prohibited in the museum and on museum grounds.
Please maintain a distance of at least 12 inches from the artwork, and do not touch the artwork. Many of the works on display are fragile and the oils in human skin can cause damage and slowly deteriorate the art.
Health and Safety
Face masks covering the mouth and nose are required for all visitors and staff. Hand-sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum; visitor occupancy of the museum is also being monitored. Please review all Covid-19 precautions before visiting.
Large items including purses, parcels, briefcases and backpacks which measure more than 11 x 15 in., as well as umbrellas, must be checked at Visitor Services before entering the galleries.